Info on popular themes with luxury kitchen remodeling - Rancho Palos Verdes
If you live in Palos Verdes and are considering remodeling or renovating your kitchen or living area, consider the following tips from some of the top local remodelers in the area:
Ergonomics and Work Triangles
It is important to make sure that your kitchen is as comfortable as possible to work in, with cabinets and work surfaces at the right height, with sufficient light and with easy access to your equipment. If you buy a built-in-kitchen, a lot of the thinking will be done for you, but otherwise you need to plan your layout carefully. Think about how you will use the room, and arrange appliances and work surfaces accordingly. The ideal, in the opinion of many top local remodelers and contractors, is a work triangle - a formula that dictates the optimum distance between stove, sink and refrigerator. Creating ease of movement between these three prime working spots is obviously the goal, but don't feel constrained by the rules: if you want to have your sink at one end of the kitchen and your stove at the other, go for it. Just remember that you will have to carry pots and pans the length of the room.
How to achieve maximum efficiency after a kitchen remodeling project
- Install the main food prep area between the sink and the stove, and make sure that there is an unobstructed path between them.
- Don't place the sink or cooktop in a corner. Not only will this be uncomfortable; it will also mean you have no useful countertop space at the sides for dishes, cutlery, cooking in progress, etc.
- Position cabinets (we know several good manufacturers in the Palos Verdes area) and gadgets so that you need to do as little bending and straining as possible; an eye-level broiler, for example, is far better than one at countertop height.
- Most countertops come at a standard height, but a kitchen can benefit from the addition of a higher or lower surface, too, especially if you yourself are not a standard height! If you have an island unit, for example, make it lower than the rest to give you a choice of height to work with.
- In a small kitchen, make sure you leave enough space for the cook! Take the swing-and pull-out factor of doors and drawers into account when you are planning your remodeling layout.